WIU interview notes, 2002
These are some of the notes I reviewed before my MLA interview (the first cut, so to speak).
See also my dissertation talk and research statement, which I also used to prepare for the interview.
- demonstrated experience and interest in classroom applications of technology;
- web rhetoric and design
- writing pedagogy, writing theory, and technical and/or professional writing.
Courses to teach:
- standard setup
- 583 Contemporary Theories of Composition
- 615 Seminar in Composition
- 568 Contemporary Literary Theory and Its Issues.
Program matches with me
- web stuff -- could help with that, make it part of course, etc
- David Boocker
- web stuff -- Stonecipher, etc
- Bruce Leland
What I like about WIU from web site
- http://www.wiu.edu/TLTC/ -- would like to get involved
- Tell me more about TLTC.
- New president -- how is he doing?
- First year as chair -- how is that going?
- Graduate students in writing center, some as assistants -- how many not on fellowship/assistantship?
- Professional/technical writing opportunities?
- % of graduate students in English, education? Balance of undergraduate majors in English, journalism?
- Connections with communications department?
Dilger job materials from 2002